- Module Construction:
1. Consult details and plan drawings for basic construction methods.
2. Modules shall be a minimum of four feet (4') in length. Extended
lengths over four feet shall be at two-foot (2') increments. Standard module
lengths are 4 feet, 6 feet, or 8feet in length or any combination thereof.
3. Modules shall be 30 inches wide at the ends of the modules.
4. All joints must be glued and screwed together using #8x2 or #8x2.5
5. All framework MUST be square.
6. Legs shall be constructed of 2x2 (1.5"x1.5") clear lumber and must
be removable. Legs shall have a 3/8 bolt and tee nut in the bottom for
minor height adjustment. Legs on 6 and 8 foot modules should be set in,
from the ends, approximately 1 foot to help eliminate any sagging. (Although
not required, an extra pair of legs in the middle of any 8-foot module
is strongly suggested.)
7. Sub-roadbed or tabletop can be of builder's choice with the total
thickness, including roadbed, not to exceed 1 inch.
8. Finished height to top of railhead shall be 40 inches.
9. Diorama boards are optional (as per drawings).
Module Construction Diagram
4 ft. module illustrated
Corner Module Diagram
Return to Modules Index Page
Go to Trackwork Page Go
to Electrical Page
Copyright © 2002, Rogue Valley Model Railroad Club